About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Five days have gone by without a doctor or hospital test visit. Nice to have life a little more normal for the time being!

Jay is whisking us off to Galena for a couple of days, Thursday, Friday, coming home Saturday. We're hoping the weather is nice enough so we can golf, yes, golf. I'm going to try golfing, I think I'm just about ready. We are really looking forward to getting away and enjoying our last weekend before CHEMO starts.

Yes, I'm feeling quite well and I've started an exercise program here at home to be combined with occupational therapy starting next week. Who knows, maybe I won't be in occupational therapy too long if I'm already golfing and exercising. It feels great just to be in control of my own workout program.

Then there's the garden. Apparently, during the winter I decided to buy more plants to put in the garden. They arrived today, now I'll to decide where to put them tomorrow so they don't die while we're gone. Then I can baby them all summer while I sit and sip tea on the deck.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I'm healing well, so I know they are working on me.

2 comments:

yuppie said...

Our hugs are with you every day Mom/Grandma even when we aren't there with you. Have lots of fun in Galena and we'll see you on Sunday.

love, yuppie and david

dgwolfe said...

Hi Dee - this is cousin Karen. Have been thinking about you today, going thru your first chemo treatment, and hoping your experience will be as easy as mine was. The first was the hardest for me. Once I knew what to expect and when to expect it, things were easier. Take care and Godspeed.

Life is good
Karen