About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Monday, April 7, 2008

new haircut, sam is a fireman, milwaukee brewers

Opps! I guess I'm not so blog savvy after all! Got the title, lost the blog. Oh, well. Here goes.

We spent a wonderful weekend up in Wisconsin. We left Friday after visiting and lunching with Jessica and David. We went to Janesville where our newphew, Sam, graduated from his program and became a fireman with the Janesville Fire Department. Very nice ceremony, nice weather, and a very nice town. Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle were all very proud of Sam!

Oh, yeah, the new haircut. Not much to tell, it just looks shorter, most of my friends say it's how I used to wear it.

Gail, Ted, Jay and I all went to the Brewers game on Saturday. Gail scored great seats from work, fourth row behind home plate. Brewers won, we had a great time, a great food at Gail's (and drink(s)), then home on Sunday to work in the garden.

We now have a home made wigwam in our garden for our grandchildren to play in. Of course, it's big enough for Grandpapa and Grandma to get in to have picinics with the kids, if they want.

The daffodils are starting to bloom and the hyacinths are right behind them.

Take care.

2 comments:

margiesorlien said...

Hi Dee, I finally got into your blog. For some reason I can not get into it at my house. I am I Robyns...we spent all day at the doctors.Found out we will be doing cemo and radiation for a year.WOW!!!!!Robyn is doing so good. Sounds like you are doing good to. My prayers are with you every day.What a nice hairdresser you have. I work at a hospice and do free hair all the time. It is a gift to me when I can give back....Love you dear. will be writting soon. Cousin Margaret

margiesorlien said...

Hi Dee,Sounds like you can get into your garden. We are going to get snow tonight....can hardly wait!!!!My kids and I and Karen have done the walk for the cure on Mothers day ever since mom and Jaye have been gone. It is a great walk ..very emothional....Nice haircut...cute cute cute.My prayers are with you always and I think about you every day.Your strengh is going to get you through this.The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.
A Day at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and hugs ,cousin Margaret