About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Testing

Okay, so I scared myself into calling for an open MRI instead of the one scheduled for today. So, I'll go for the CT and MRI tomorrow at a different location. Thankfully, they're all around us which makes it really convenient to get to. Tomorrow I'll be ready for them!

We had chemo class at the Cancer Center yesterday. We received another three ring binder full of information on chemo and had a power point presentation, too. We toured the whole floor and saw where I'd receive chemo, get my blood tested (has to be done early before each treatment so they know my white cell count -- too low, can't have chemo). Anyhow, so many things to process! More info than you want, but you are all with me.

Then we saw my surgeon who thought I was healing very well. He said I could start swinging a golf club -- not driving a ball, but I could putt and maybe chip -- if my arm will let me. Three weeks after surgery, he said I could try golfing again. Silly doctor, I always TRY golfing, so hopefully, I'll be back with my golf league either May 6 (maybe not that day, I have my first chemo on May 5, we'll have to see if I turn into a spit ball or something) or with any luck on May 13! Yeah!

Spring smells great! Be well.

1 comment:

margiesorlien said...

Golfing??????????You are as crazy as my daughter. Funny thing is I would be doing the same things you two are doing.So glad to hear you are doing so well. Happy on this end to.Wish we could have gotten randomized but it didn't happen . I will call you this weekend. I'll be thinking about you during those test and saying a prayer. They are not fun.Love
Margaret