About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Race for the Cure

I keep forgetting to tell everyone that my lovely daughter, Jessica and her son, David, invited Jay and me to walk in the Race to Empower for the cure of breast cancer on Mother's Day in downtown Chicago. Seems like a logical thing for us to do since my surgery will be a month past and I will be ready to go. Jessica created our team: ChickaDEE. If anyone is interested in walking with us or checking it out, you can visit the Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization on the internet at: http://main.y-me.org/

When you get to the page, enter Team Chickadee, the team list will appear; scroll down to Team ChickaDee, captain Jessica Eterno, click on that and you will see her blog.

Thank you to all of you who have already been invited by Jessica and have responded, I know you'll be thinking of us (especially if it's raining!), but I also hope that everyone has a GREAT Mother's Day!

We have a beautiful day today and part of it will be spent in the gardens gearing up for the warm weather to come. I know we all can't wait until spring comes and stays.

Our downstairs is 98% completed, so yeah!

Think crocus!

No comments: