About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Radiation Oncologist

We met with our new radiation oncologist this morning and we are both totally impressed with the facillities and the doctor. Her name is Dr. Vasudha Lingareddy and she was both very friendly and very informative. We spent about an hour and a half between her nurse and then Dr. Lingareddy. She took her time with us and answered our questions as well as questions we hadn't thought of to ask.

I won't start with her until after the chemo. We see the chemo doctor, Dr. Kash, on Monday. Dr. Lingareddy thinks I'll have about four months of chemo, so through the summer. Two weeks before I'm done with chemo, I start going back to Dr. Lingareddy, where they prepare a 3-D version of me with the CT so the radiologists get the exact places to radiate my breast.

How fortunate I am to have cancer in this day and age where everything seems to be so precise and formulated for me as an individual, even though the doctors use general equations, the treatments will be specifically for me.

We also found out today that my bone scan was good. At the hospital, Dr. Piazza (our surgeon) found that I had bursitis in my right hip. He mentioned he was going to check into it, but Dr. Lingareddy said she'd already looked at it and that was what it was, bursitis only, not more cancer.

On top of all that this morning, we learned while waiting for our appointment at the Cancer Center, that we had had an earthquake at 4:27 this morning. We didn't feel it or hear it! Even the earthquake can't shake us, I'm going to be fine and I'll take my treatments and come out healthy.

Be well.

No comments: