About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's Saturday - I'm HOME

Well, that was quite the day and night!

Thanks to my loving husband, daughter, and son and all our friends, I made it through another loop of this breast cancer ordeal. It was indeed a long day and night. I seem to not tolerate pain medication or any adhesives. The doctors and staff did a great job coming up with creative ideas on how to not bandage me, yet keep my surgery protected. Oh, the trials of being a delicate Scandinavian flower. The wonderful night nurse cut back on the meds dosage and paced it al little more evely, so I got just enough to keep the pain at bay and not have to be sick.

We arrived home around 11:30 a.m. today, Saturday. Our two cats couldn't wait to be all over us and I couldn't wait to lay down in our bed and sleep, which I did after I ate.

Now, it's wait until Tuesday afternoon to find out if any more lymph nodes were positive and the next step to a healthy recovery from breast cancer.

It's time for another nap. Talk to you all later.

3 comments:

margiesorlien said...

Good day to you, It is really nice here in the cities warm and sunny. This waiting for tests to come back I think is the worst part of this whole thing. I am praying for no lumph nodes affected. It was so good to talk last night. You are Loved a whole bunch on this end.Robyn is in having a cat scan on her tumor spot to see if she is eligable for the nano site. Always waiting....Hurry up and wait.Hope you feel a little better today then yesterday.Each day God heals you a little at a time. Bless you and keep up the good work.A day at a time. Love Cousin Margaret

yuppie said...

Mom you look and sound so much better. Your cousin is right - each day will be a little better. We are sending our love and hugs across the burbs to you.

Love, Jess & David

Unknown said...

Dee, I have thought of you so often and sent you all sorts of positive Minnesota Mojo and just tonight found out (from jess)how to send YOU a message on this blog. I am thankful that things are going so well for you and I hope to see you soon, it has been far too long since I have been to chitown. As I told Jess tonight you are such a strong woman, and such a fighter, I believe it makes a differnce.

Take care of you and make sure to let others take care of you too, it's their turn. :)

Wish I was coming to the walk but I will be there in spirit!
Love
Nene