About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sprin Rains - Introspection

As you can see from my blogs, I've put the term 'breast cancer' out of my mind for awhile. However, it's the Wednesday before my Friday surgery and gloomy spring rains are making me face the reality that Friday is two days away. But, in the same sense that the gloomy day and soggy gardens make me face reality, they also lift my spirits. Life begins again no matter how hard a winter or how hard the spring rains pour, the brave daffodils, crocus, hyacinths, iris and tree buds just keep on shining through! The birds are back, making nests, calling to one another and life goes on.

I'm positive that I'll be looking back at Friday as the spring that gets me back to a cancer free life. My winter will be the therapies for breast cancer and that will happen at the best time of the year, our summer and fall. I'll spring back just in time for our winter holidays and a whole new life and year, cancer free.

Thank you all for taking this journey with me, I am humbled knowing I'm loved by so many. Your prayers and thoughts are truly working on me and giving me peace.

No comments: