About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Radiation

Hello. Today was my appointment to revisit my radiologist. I had another CT scan for purposes of making my 3-D image, so the physics department can zero in on exactly the spot(s) they want the radiation to hit and exactly the spot(s) they don't want the radiation to hit, i.e. heart, lungs, good nodes.

I also got three dot tattoos for purposes of lining me up exactly right every time for the radiation techs. My nurse started to get the dye ready and said "Opos", I said "That's not what I want to hear". She laughed and told me she'd gotten the dye all over her hands. Oh, well, as long as there was enough to do my tattoos. Now I'm a tattooed granny!

My radiation will start July 23 and run for 33 days. Six and a half weeks. Monday through Friday, so I should be done with radiation the second week in September. I'll be free to be me! A healthy, healed me. Can't wait.

Joan, my mother-in-law is coming to visit us for the week starting tomorrow. On the
4th of July, our daughter (with little David) and her husband will join us and great grandma for a BBQ in our yard. On July 6, our granddaughter, Maya (our son's daughter), turns five, so we'll have fun and dinner with her and her family that evening in Oak Park after her big party with her little friends.

My gardens are blooming with Monarda, daisy's, daylillies and Annabelles. Lovely sight.

Happy Fourth of July everyone.

No comments: