About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good News

We received a call from my gene doctor and we were told that I have NO MUTATION for the BRCA gene. Good news! However, I still have the family history of cancers - melanoma, colon, breast, so we are meeting with the gene doctor on Wednesday, or she's meeting with us while I have my third chemo treatment. Jessica will be meeting with us also to hear the total results and find out what's next for all of us in this cancer business.

On the home front, I finished painting my formal dining room and changing rugs around. Poor Jay, he's about had it with my home revisions! He did, however, shovel ten yards of mulch in and around our yard and gardens last week. Now, he feels like he's a part of our landscape and he knows the gardens intimately. He feels strongly that he'll never do that again!

I have been blessed with feeling well and not skipping the beat of life while I'm going through chemo. All the books I gathered to read are still waiting to be opened as I keep myself busy with daily living. This time around, I even got to play with all the grandchildren at different times during the three week period.

Today is Father's Day, happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

No comments: