About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Last Chemo DONE!

My chemo treatment was uneventful today. Yeah! Blood counts were good and I am finished with that leg of our breast cancer journey. We are all thrilled it is over. The nurses even gave me a certificate to commemorate having completed all my treatments, signed by everyone of them. How sweet.

I'll move on to my radiation treatments starting the 23 of July for 33 treatments, so that puts me through the first week of September and my treatments will be over. I will be taking some kind of estrogen blocker drug for the next five years or so, but I'll deal with that just fine.

Everyone comments about my attitude and thankfully, it's a positive attitude that has carried me through along with a lot of prayers and wishes from all of you.

It is a beautiful day here, nothing but sunshine, flowers, birds, and contentment. I hope all of you are having a good day, too.

Be well.

1 comment:

margiesorlien said...

Hi Dee, I haven't been on the net for at least 2 weeks.So glad to see you are done. Remember even if we don't talk for a while there isn't a day that goes by I don't say a little prayer for Dee.
You are always in my heart. I am so glad you are done. What a freeing feeling that has to be.Robyn has been doing so good to. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be calling this weekend.Love and hugs to a very Special brave woman.Margie