About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Week

This week I started two new water classes at my workout club, which, by the way, is part of my hospital. On Monday, it was Yogua (water yoga) and Wednesday it was Ai Chi in the pool. My friend joined the classes with me and we really had a nice time in the therapy pool. I'm ready to join my favorite land classes, too. Maybe next week.

Today was a great Thursday. Jay and I started it with a 6:14 a.m. tee time. I was pretty lukewarm until I got to hole 9, 10 and 12, I parred all three! I had to do a little par dance on 10. Yeah. Jay birdied hole 12, so he did one stroke better than me, but we had to leave the course and get me to my radiation appointment after that hole.

My radiation appointments have gone like clockwork, still. I get there, change, have the radiation and I'm out. Today, we arrived a little early, my appointment was at 10:15 a.m., but we were driving out of the ramp at 10:17. I've done seven of the 33 sessions, only 26 left. Of course, we were hungry so, we went out for breakfast and then came home for a nap.

Such is my life with radiation. I still can't be called Sparky. The pain I've felt so far is similar to the muscle pain of doing push-ups when you aren't used to doing them. Otherwise, my skin is doing fine and my doctor said I'm handling the treatments really well. Oh, boy. I'll have to come up with a little dance for end of all my treatments!

Be well and stay cool.

1 comment:

margiesorlien said...

Hi there cus, So glad to hear you are doing so good with the radiation. You are amazing. So up beat and taking a day at a time. I am not a golfer but sounds like you are kicking Jays butt......Way to go girl.Robyn is in sturgis and I am watching 5 dogs and 6 cats. 2 fish and allot of wild bird feeders to fill often.Lots of flowers to water too. They live out in the country and have allot of land . To many bugs tho.Can't go out side much unless I use a whole can of bug spray.
So glad you are doing so wonderful. God has really answered prayers for you. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!Love and hugs Margie