About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

What a Week

Another beautiful week has flown by and I've now had 13 of the 33 radiation treatments. For the most part, my radiation treatments run smoothly, except when the machine gets an 'attitude'. The attitude happened on Monday after a rather active storm on Sunday. Although the staff said the storm didn't have anything to do with it, both machines shut down at the same time. Mine shut down while I was getting my treatment. I wondered if it was something I was thinking that made it mad. The techs sent me home and luckily called me back later that day when the 'attitude' disappeared and the machine worked again. Some people had that treatment added on to the end of their treatments. I'm really pushing to have these all done by September 8.

Tuesday my golf game was called off due to thunderstorms, so we went to breakfast. On Thursday, Jay and I went and played nine holes because the day was so beautiful.

I'm also going to my workout club. I've added a Yoga class and a Total Body class besides my two water classes. It feels great getting back and having my body remember the muscles that have been dormant for awhile. Taking IB relieves some of those memories.

Friday, while Jay golfed, I did back to school clothes shopping for two the cutest three and five year old grandchildren I know. Of course, the cutest eighteen month old scored, too. Grandma is such a sucker for her grandchildren!

Today I did garden work and was the household drudge doing the laundry and ironing. I also worked in my nap with the cats. Jay was golfing again. We golf with another couple again tomorrow. Can you tell Jay is getting ready to go back to teaching soon?

Stay well and enjoy your weeks!

1 comment:

yuppie said...

Your favorite 18-month old looks forward to seeing you again soon. He loves to play at Grandpa and Grandma's house! So much more room to roam....Keep up the good work and stop breaking the machines. Just kidding.

love you lots and lots and lots.

yuppie