About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekend Fun

I'm dedicating this blog to my sister-in-law Gail (lives in Milwaukee), who spent a long weekend with me while my beloved husband took a much needed break in Arizona with his buddies golfing.

Gail arrived Thursday afternoon bearing gifts including supper her husband, Ted, had marinated for us. Unfortunately, Gail couldn't grill Ted's awesome chicken until the next evening because of rain, but Friday's dinner was delicious with his corn on the cob and chicken. We had to wait on the s'mores, but we had them as a meal on another evening.

Gail and I relaxed on the deck, had massages, went to the movies, rented chick movies and watched all three, went out to eat three times at great places I wanted to share with her, shopped, went to the Fine Art show at the Naper Settlement, and I even squeezed in naps in the afternoons!

Thank you, Gail, for taking time out of your busy life, both work and family, to come and spend some down time with me. I really appreciate that you gave up your days and nights at home to make sure I got my medicine, my rest, and my nourishment, both mental and physical. You are very special.

No comments: