About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Down, Three to Go

The week has gone pretty fast and has been fairly uneventful. There's been a few ups and downs like trying to figure out how often to eat (I need many smaller bites), what to eat (I'm trying to memorize the book, so I don't have to look each time I'm hungry) and drink (caffeine tea is out for me!) and the resulting chemo fatigue or, how should I put it, utter exhaustion. How was that for a good whine. As far as a first round goes, I hope the next three are equally uneventful!

I've been on my treadmill in the mornings (especially when I can't sleep, my old back is bothering me) and working in the garden most days. Jay is being a saint and willingly working in the areas that I would normally be toiling, like our wall of ivy. We decided to pull out the vines on the top of the wall and reinvent our design. He's awesome!

Speaking of awesome, my team Chickadee will be walking for me tomorrow in the Chicago Y-Me walk. Because I am in my low white cell period (Nadir), Jay is not permitting me to walk in the rain. My heroes are Jay, Jessica, my friend Vicki and her grandson, Alex from Minneapolis, and maybe baby David and John. Of course, the weather will be raining, blowing and utterly delightful right off Lake Michigan.

THANK YOU TEAM!

I'll be getting my blood checked every Wednesday, so we'll know how low my cell count goes. Since I have chemo on a Monday, I have a few extra days to fortify myself before Wednesday.

The tulips and daffodils are done and the lilacs are in full bloom. The iris are opening and the peonies are getting nice, fat bulbs.

Stay well everyone.

1 comment:

yuppie said...

The walk was wet, wet, wet! Vicki and Alex were absolute troopers and deserve big kudos for joining Papa and I in the rain. Hopefully they will have a chance to visit again when the weather is much nicer. Chicago can be fantastic, when its not so blustery. (David and John stayed home too - it was way too cold and wet for David to be out - just like Grandma.)

We are sending you good white blood count vibes for your test tomorrow. We love you Mom/Grandma.

Love, Jess, John, David and Radja