About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gardening, dinnner and playing at David's



Tuesday morning, we got our pool table put in. We bought it from our neighbors Dinah and Doug, who are great friends of ours. The day started with coffee at Dinah's while the gentlemen broke down the pool table then ended at our house while the gentlemen put the table up. Jay and I played our first three games that night. He won all three games, but I got better and better as I played. I expect to be winning regularly sometime soon!


Wednesday, Jay and I worked in the garden for a little while. He has promised to help me get the garden cleaned up before my surgery, so that after surgery, I can work on it as I feel like it. We'll get the heavy stuff done now, and the playing will be later. As you can see, I'm eternally optimistic.
Wednesday evening was our evening to spend with Jessica and David for dinner. We pick Jessica up at the train station and bring her home. Jay makes dinner and I get to play with David while Jessica does her household duties. Then we all sit down to dinner and talk and laugh, usually at something David has done, but sometimes at one of us. David ate his first asparagus last night. He got one small piece of asparagus down, but most of them were in his chair seat when we took him out after dinner. I told him it was an acquired taste and he should try again.


David is growing taller each time we see him and gets smarter every day. He loves music and has now began to realize what hair is and likes to grab every one's hair except his own. He loves the children's shows on "Noggin" and playing hide and seek. David is a very happy baby with a great laugh.



Today is Thursday. Today is the day I have my chest x-ray and my bone scan. I might glow in the dark after I have the dosing for my bone scan, I'll let you know.
Tomorrow, the little Funks, Maya and Jonah, are coming to spend the night with us. We can't wait! Now that we have the pool table and basement finished, they have a new place to make a tent! They don't know that yet, though, it's a surprise!


Be well all of you.













1 comment:

Bob and Kim said...

What a great blog format! I really like the layout (except perhaps choosing to put a picture of Jay so high in the blog).

We sure were sorry we had to turn around last Friday. What crazy weather!

I have no doubt that things are going to turn out well for you on the 11th. We sure will be thinking of you.

Then, once you feel up to it, we ARE going to get together in either Naperville or Scottsdale.

Love,

Bob and Kim