About Me

My photo
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, in-law, cousin, friend, gardner, golfer, animal and nature enthusiast.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 2008

Wow, here we are in December. What a lot has happened this year! Our beautiful country has a new president elect, spring, summer, fall have all come and gone and winter is blanketing the garden in sparkling white. My grandchildren have grown taller and wiser and my whole little family is healthy, lovely and nearby.

Our house is decorated for Christmas and Jay and I had the privilege of lighting the Advent candle at our 8:00 a.m. service last Sunday. God is good and has smiled on us all year. I'm feeling healthy, strong and loved.

Next week, I'll have a small, laproscopic surgery, which will help ensure that cancer will not revisit my body soon. My cancer was estrogen fed, so my doctors all felt I should have my ovaries and tubes taken out. Thus, eliminating another source of estrogen. Who can argue with that logic? I'm all for modern science and have faith in my doctors to keep me healthy. I expect to be home the same day and up and running in a couple of days after that. Jay is done teaching until January, so this was a perfect time for him to baby me a little.

Then, it's Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments: